View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #115 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
New Route Day #1: Just ok for me. My MFD held steady at 63.4 mpg so that's about what I got on the route today in terms of mpg.

It was unusually cool this morning (51 degrees when I left the house) so my first 5 minutes were well below my avg. morning. I also didn't luck out on a couple of the stop lights so I was forced to come to a complete stop and heavier traffic behind me forced me into ICE on acceleration (I could have drove the people behind me nuts and accelerated in EV mode but I opted for kindness). Additional drive time was 5 minutes compared to my old route.

All in all...not bad results as my mpg didn't get any worse by driving the new route (just an extra mile on the odometer). I suspect this new route will be better for mpg...how much is yet to be determined.

Planning to fill up the buggy on the way home as I dropped down to 2 Pips remaining on my commute to work today. 450 miles so far this tank and 63.4 mpg not counting my drive from work to the gas station on my way home from work. Pretty good results this tank...will post official results after the fill-up.

FYI - The 2010 Prius are in the hands of several drivers on priuschat.com and all seem to be pleased with their purchase. A few drivers over there are reporting nice mpg numbers (55 mpg out of the box without any hypermiling efforts). 70 mpg looks possible in the 2010 in the hands of a skilled driver.

Also, another 2009 Prius joined ecomodder on Sunday...nice...hope he's active in the forum so we can bounce ideas off each other...

"Green Manalishi sthac 2009 Toyota Prius Touring Sun. May. 10/09"

Last edited by Matt Herring; 05-26-2009 at 01:58 PM..