View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
LeanBurninating
EcoModding Punk

Honduh Power - '98 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.37 mpg (US)
I am assuming that you mean your +12v connection broke while you were messing around with it but I am unsure, in the last few sentences did all of those events happen in order, chronologically, before the +12v connection broke?

We are all here to help and will do it gladly, just please double check how you describe things to make sure they are easy for someone else to understand. That is the most important part cause nobody can help if nobody understands what you are talking about.

I am running 16 gauge on my setup. Yes it is a bit thick, its the thinnest I could find at my local hardware store. But as far as I can tell it works fine.

I would try checking out a local radioshack or something, to look for more of those connectors. I thought it was a universal setup so I ordered what looked to be the right ones off of the internet, just in case. Turns out there is more than one style of those 4 pin connector deals. So you gotta make sure you get one that will mate up with the guino side the right way.

I would take your MPGuino to radio shack or the like, and see if you can find the right connector setup that will mate with your unit. Another tip- the little metal connectors- the female ends for the 4 pin connector.... it would not hurt to give them a little little squeeze before you put them inside the plastic piece. Do it in such a way that they will squeeze the four pins tighter and prevent bad connections. If you have been doing a lot of plugging in and out they can spread apart, mine got spread apart while I was trying to crimp in my 16 gauge wire.

How did you clear your engine code? If you were able to clear it does that mean you were able to read it? What code was it?