View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
I might watch it this week if its still on Youtube. I like to see the opposing view. I don't believe in man-made global warming, the Earth has cycles and we aren't warming right now (the Sun has more influence than you know). As for the environemment in general, I believe we have a part to play regardless. On that note, I do participate in trail cleanups (where others just leave their trash), and am active in land use activities and education (Tread Lightly and Blue Ribbon Coalition). I think we all need to do our part in keeping the areas around us litter free. Yes, I drive 4x4s and enjoy getting to areas few go to. I carry trash bags in my Jeep and pick up other peoples trash as I find it. And believe me, not all of it comes from motorized users.

As a retired military member, I've traveled the world and no matter what WE do, getting other countries in line to do their part is pretty damned important. In this country, we've sure come a long way from the tearful Native in the commercials from the 70s. But more is always needed... And we aren't the only ones that need to do it.