View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
hondo434
EcoModding Apprentice

Alty-magnet - '06 Nissan Altima SE
90 day: 33.83 mpg (US)

maxi-magnet II - '12 Nissan Maxima S
Talking Anyone using magnets to increase milage?

Just want to relay my experience using high powered magnets on my 2006 nissan altima V-6 Automatic. Have been using magnets for about a year now and have been getting great results. I've had the car about 3 1/2 years and had never been able to get more than 28 mpg.
I decided to try an ad online for fuel saver magnet. I installed it on the fuel line close to the fuel rails. I took a trip of about 300 miles fully loaded with vacation stuff and my wife. I have a fuel milage gauge on dash board that came with car,so I can monitor milage constantly. By the time we reached our destination the guage indicated 35.9 mpg which is about 8 mpg more than manufacturer estimates. I have been running the setup for about 12 months now and have been consistently getting 36-38 mpg on highway.
I have have outfitted my family's car with magnets and they are seeing improved milage. My father has a merc.marquis v-8 and we took short 160 mile trip. We filled the tank drove and then refilled tank on return. We went about 160 miles on 5.4 gal., which figured out to be about 29+ mpg, which is outstanding even for a 6 cylinder!

The Following User Says Thank You to hondo434 For This Useful Post:
j12piprius (02-23-2011)