View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanBurninating View Post
... Help me out, what am I doing wrong?

I have that $20 digital voltmeter kit from australia in the mail, that will let me watch lean burn a LOT better.

Also, just FYI my car has a "faulty" ECU that throws a code occasionally similarly to yours Bruce, except mine is for a 02 sensor reading slowly. There is a TSB for it and apparently the ecu just needs to be replaced with an updated version. Its like $600 so I just deal with the light coming on every 1 to 2 months.
Shoot, I wish I knew! The occasional ECU code sounds scary. Hopefully that's not what's messing things up. $600 - ulp!

It's very sensitive to throttle position which I watch constantly on the ScanGauge. Without that monitoring I'm sure LB would happen much less often. When needed I can also watch intake air temp, coolant temp, and other stuff that might not matter.

Tell me about the $20 voltmeter kit. Link??

You may know from other posts that I'm watching LB on the ScanGauge. That costs >$20 though. And it only recognizes LB for a gauge readout but not for its mpg calculations. If the MPGuino was as easy to install as the SG I would have one already. I just don't feel like hacking into the wiring on this beast right now.