View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #1675 (permalink)
Cyruscosmo
EcoModding Lurker

Howdy Paul and all of Ya’ll!!!

WOW…. I must say this is the LONGEST thread on any board I have ever read from start to finish and also the most informative and entertaining.

I have not started my own EV project yet because I still had some parts to find and build and up until I found this thread I had not decided on a controller. I have signed up to be part of the buy in bulk group purchase of parts and am looking forward to making my very first wheel go round. ;-)

I have a question for you guys concerning the abilities of the controller. My project is going to be a long one and also a ground up build. I am not looking to convert to but rather build from scratch an electric car that I have had in mind for a few years.

The controller I would like to build for this car will not only make her go but also control shift points for an automatic transmission I am building now. Anyway I am wondering if the ATmega8 or the others in it’s line have the ability to control some variable ratio valves the transmission will use to effect the shift points.

Also I would like to be able to remove the controller from a dock for security. So is it possible to connect the controller part to the actual drive side of this setup through something like a CAT5 cable?

Thank You Paul for undertaking this daunting task and thank you all for helping him make it happen. I wish I had found this thread when it started.

Cyrus