View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #1690 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Cyruscosmo, that sounds like an awesome project. I think you could use the ethernet cable or something similar to it for connecting and disconnecting the control section if you do it right. You should start a thread!

slurryguy! Thank you for all your concern! Want to hear something interesting? You know how most people work M-F, 9-5 or whatever? I work M-W, 7:30am-11:15am, and 7:30-9:45am on Thursdays. My son LOVES to stay up super late. Sometimes at 12 or 1 am, he's playing his drums, and watching the adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry. While that is going on, I sometimes goof around on the computer. The funny thing is, I think he believes that I don't even have a job. I get home each day when he's just waking up. hehe! Then we go get tiny crabs under the rocks at the beach and sometimes pull their claws off, or go to Costco to eat pizza. My main work times are when he's taking a nap (3-5pm or so) and sometimes later at night. I do need to do more with Sabrina, though! Little kids are sort of demanding.

edown! I actually ordered some that were very similar from that very guy, for Ben's controller, but they were 500v diodes. The voltage drop is a bit too high I think for the 1200v one. We'll see how Ben's perform. I can't wait!

rovert, I have no idea! hahaha!