View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
fences

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrio. View Post
I think than a quote the air travel from the side car on the top of car, and then the roof rail can help this travel .

Not, I do not are amazed, only, I whont to know if my think is it correctly!

thanks for answer, you are helpming me, to correct my English
fabrio,I think you may be reading more into the fences than their utility would deserve.I think Cd offers the correct answer,that the fence is there to trip the air and spoil lift should the car get sideways.If you've watched footage of NASCAR you may have seen some of the cars fly below 200-mph.------------ At Bonneville,where velocities are even greater,and potential collision forces rising with the square of the velocity,it's even more important to keep the racecars on the ground.---------- Next to fire,the barrel-roll accident is the most lethal.Cars and motorcycles when airborne can turn sideways,and if landing sideways,can undergo barrel-rolls of such severity,that they are fatal to the drivers.-------- The parachutes on the vehicles are not only for aid while decelerating,they are also the first line of defense,should the vehicle loose traction and begin to go sideways,helping the vehicle to remain straight on course,reducing risk of flight.