View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:20 AM   #31 (permalink)
greasemonkee
EcoModding Apprentice

If you force air in the engine, absolute pressure in the manifold will increase with increased pre throttle body pressure (throttle position being equal).

Higher pressures before the throttle plate have negligible effect on fueling in open loop ( or closed loop) unless you exceed the highest mapped pressure, the ecu will still be reading from the same section of the map tables regardless of how much air you cram in the intake tube. No correction beyond normal fluctuations would be required by the ecu.

Closed loop, different story. I think you are referring to a 350Z? WOT operation will never be 14.7, but between high 13's to high 12's. As far as most management systems go, closed loop is only triggered by throttle position, but I imagine some are pressure and/or rpm. There normally is no correction for open loop other than referencing manifold pressure and rpm, everything else is simply a multiplier of sorts, coolant temp, intake air temp, ect.

Granted, all this is in reference to a manifold pressure density type system, mass airflow system is a bit different

I must be falling behind, there is a system out now that has a correction based on egt's? Wonder how they pulled that one off...