View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #21 (permalink)
JacobAziza
Master EcoModder

Big Orange Work Truck - '83 Ford F-250
90 day: 27.54 mpg (US)

Jessica's - '04 Toyota Matrix
90 day: 41.21 mpg (US)

Ninjette - '01 Kawasaki Ninja EX250R
1 commute / touring road bike for general things (and towing the massive 10ft trailer for special bicycle events)
2 carbon bike for commuting (because I am always running too late to take the commute bike, and the race bike is just so much faster)
3 mnt bike for volunteer park ranger patrols
4 unicycle for the occasional parade
5 just got a folding bike in a dump run. I have no need for it, but come on, it folds up into a little cube. How cools is that? And it was free (better than free, I was paid to take it away). I bet it'll come in handy someday.

Wait - I thought this was a thread about tar sands?
I say, let 'em drill. Its there, they're gonna sooner or later either way. Let 'em pretend oil is actually gonna last forever, and smile quietly to yourself as you pedal past the gas station in a couple more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
A few months ago I returned home just as my neighbor pulled into his driveway. It was cold (around freezing) with some rain and sleet, and he yells to me: You rode your bike? In this weather?!?

So the other day we both returned home at the same time again, only now the weather is warm, sunny, with no wind. And I yell to him: You took the car? In this weather?!?