View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Matt Herring
Master EcoModder

Bone's 2010 Prius - '10 Toyota Prius Black
90 day: 56.78 mpg (US)
Nice finds Daox! Those cars are priced very well. I'd be a little suspicious of the damage on the 2007 but nothing a carfax report wouldn't reveal if the damage was documented (on both of them for that matter).

Damage to a Prius is something that is more of a concern than on a regular car...and something that you have to really make sure the who, what, when, where and why's of. I'd want to know exactly what parts were replaced...if they were replaced under warranty and where the paperwork on the repairs is. The ENTIRE car is operated electronically. Even when you press the GO pedal the car operates under an electrical control system...any damage to other areas of the car can equal damage to parts throughout the car.

I'd want to know if the factory warranty is still in place (or if it even has one). Both cars are under 100k miles but it's something to make sure of. FYI-If the car is not under warranty the guys over at priuschat.com have a discounted warranty buy you can get that drops the platinum coverage from $1800 to about $1100 and covers the car up to 100k miles.

The 2004 has very low mileage on it...I'd want to know why. It's a good thing but maybe it has a history that is worth asking about.

Good luck if you go take a look at them...you're getting closer to Nirvana my friend!