View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 03:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
I have also considered that this circuit could be connected in such a way to rapidly blink your brake lights in the event of a hard deceleration. I think a few new cars are doing this with their centre brake light (maybe all of the brake lights, but definately the centre one)
This is actually on some European cars, only with the caution lights. I've also seen people turn on their caution lights manually to simulate this.

Christ: I understand your concerns about the extra attention. There are more important things to do while driving, and when those things come up then I'll probably pay attention to them and forget about the manual switch. The brake lights will come on anyway if I really have to brake. If I just forget to push the button while engine braking then it's the same as now. Button pushing will happen only when my processor isn't overloaded and can handle one more thing to do. I do admit, though, that there is a larger load on my processor each time I have to slow down and make the decision: brake pedal or engine brake? If engine, then which gear? Etc.

EDIT: This is my 307 post, just like my Peugeot, a 307 model

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread

Last edited by Piwoslaw; 06-23-2009 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: 307