View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
groar
X-Frenchy: very

scenic - '01 renault scenic
90 day: 43.09 mpg (US)

megane - '97 renault megane classic
Diesel
90 day: 72.53 mpg (US)

dennisius - '06 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 69.27 mpg (US)
The first adventures of the uglyback...

Only a week on the megane and the uglyback has already generated more reactions that all the rest of the mods (lower/upper grill block, rear wheel skirts, solar panel...).

As said in the linked message, some people are slowing down to look at the car while they are passing me. Today has been exceptional :
  • a prius III this morning (it was written on the side of the car). He slowed down before reaching me, then stay a little behind me during half a minute then accelerated and I lost him.
  • a lotus elise. He slowed down before reaching me, stayed a dozen second a little behind me then accelerated. As there was other cars, he didn't went far, I caught up with him and could admire the car. After a couple minutes he found a hole on the traffic and I lost him.

Yesterday noon, while I was going to the car some people were looking to it. I greeted them and said them that I could reply to some questions. One of them replied that he wanted to know what it is for and I simply replied "to drive 1600 km per tank" (1000 miles). I eared him whistling a long time and saw him deflating, deflating, deflating...

I can also confirm that these road signs do prevent people to try to push me because I'm not fast enough for them :

they are anticipating sooner the fact they will have to pass me.

Denis.
Earth and health are priceless, so are kilotank and AT-PZEV
Best Mégane tank: 1268.9mi @ 77.847 MPG(US)
2008/06-2011/10 saving:
  • 5725.5 kg CO2 (5342.6+382.9)
  • Diesel / Money: 42.17% = 2446.25€ = 3357.26$

---
megane : thread - kill switch.