View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
naturalextraction
naturalextraction

Hey guys. I hadn't been on this blog in awhile and found this particular thread of interest. I've been studying this "kind" of "thing" for over 4 years now. I've researched many patents such as Smokey's and met those who have well known Ray Covey and or Tom Ogle of more recent patents related. There are always to many unknown variables in the people and the patents them-self to give any formal conclusion. Smokey was one to make sure KNOW ONE stepped on his ideas or ever lost (so he says) proprietary information. Direct words from Carrol Shelby himself was that Lee Iaccoca killed Smokies K Car idea utilizing the adiabatic system that Carrol himself was involved in (he didn't say to what extent). I used to give him free advertising space in my newspaper for one of his Children charities along with a popular restaurant owner here in Albuquerque.
Back to heating fuel. First off, particularly in gasoline the expansion rate of the fuel related to heat, can contribute to pressures that can escalate exponentially within a few degrees above 85 or so. Although we have high pressure pumps in our tanks to deliver fuel, the peculation effect of expanding fuel can easily override it. True however disassociation of fuel molecules can be achieved from the addition of heat in a very controlled environment and with a means to extract the fuel at that point controlling pressures. Also a means in which to deliver the fuel at that point, effectively,to the induction chamber. Thus while still obtaining oxygen density to maintain your proper A/F ratios.
Most of the lighter elements such as Butinal (one of over 160 elements typically) have been utilized to run the vehicles. This is what Tom Ogle was doing to only find the heavier elements to the fuels formula still left in the tank. By the way his mileage I couldn't really verify from any one still living who was part of that, although Ray Coveys brother has confirmed the 100mpg in a 440ci Chrysler. However "it could hardly get moving from a dead start". Obviously running the engine at optimum lean "barely" burn. Yet still, the mileage was obtained.
Warm air creates a number of problems that a 1st year or 2nd year physics student would understand related to ICE functions, however there are some basic benefits that due exist however current vehicles are not prepared to take advantage of it due to the nature of current designs. Unless you've structured a proper device and instillation on a non-computer controlled car it's pretty much a waste of time. Wrapping electrical tape around your fuel lines will be more of a waste of electrical energy depriving your alternator and ultimately utilizing more energy than a any kind of gain in mileage, which also may just create more problems depending on the pressure created due to fuel expansion.
Pressure however can be a great way to disassociate the molecules as Gail Banks has very well proven in his drag racing truck in which over 30K PSI is behind the diesel in that truck to get about half a dozen runs from one gallon of diesel with a 1,200hp engine at WOT. View it here: Jay Leno's Garage
However you will need a complete "system" to achieve the same to take advantage of pressurizing fuel.
I've experimented with many ideas of varied ideaology and design. I am currently in the process of patenting two extraction devices that allow a regular gasoline engine or SIE to run on diesel, bio-fuels and of course gasoline. Designed for optimum power, efficiency and of course much cleaner emissions. I'll leave it at that and hope I answered a few questions without getting into very lengthy descriptions of operating systems, gasoline/ hydrocarbon based fuels chemistry etc.