View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Um, geez, I kinda don't see too many ads on EcoModder.com. First of all, I run an old version of Linux, and the updates have stopped a long time ago, so I miss a lot of things (good things, too, like pictures on some album sites). Second, a lot of ads do make it through to me, so that's where FireFox plugins like AdBlock Plus, FlashBlock and Remove It Permanently come in. I've tweeked them to block a lot of ad-sites, and it turns out I hardly get anything when viewing EcoModder.com under Linux. Since I'm not sure whether there are any rules about not subscribing and blocking ads (I know this was illegal on Ogame back when I used to play), I'll add that I've never blocked an ad from an EM page - those that are blocked are from sites I've blocked elsewhere. A few ads still make it through whem viewing EM under WinXP.

If it turns out that by not being a subscriber (yet!!) I must see most or all ads on EcoModder.com, then please let me know and I'll see if I can make an exemption. On the other hand, I plan on subscribing soon for reasons that have nothing to do with ads.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread