View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
I will say something and I hope it does not come off as harsh, but you ought to understand how these things work.

This website runs advertising through 3rd party companies, like most, because arranging for advertising is a full time job and we cannot do it. As such we have the ability to approve or reject ad buys on this site based on whatever criteria we see fit. So, if something is too annoying, we can reject it. However, if no one says anything, it doesnt get taken down. Especially if the ad is targetted to something like half a percent of our users, as this one was. So, I apologize if it was overly annoying, but until you speak up about it you can't expect anything to change. I have taken down the offending ad, in any case.

That said, there is another thing people ought to understand: Darin and I run this site as a full time job. It takes the time of one and pays very little for it. As such, we make what I think most would be considered poverty level wages in our respective countries.

What little money we do make is from advertising. And even as such, we make an effort to keep the advertising down on our pages. At most you will see two bits of it unless you go all the way to the bottom for the third. Unlike some site we dont put it right in the middle of the content or put 5 to 6 slowly loading ad blocks all over the place.

So, if you have a problem with advertising, pay to have it removed from the site, we gladly would. In fact, sign in members already have some turned off to make the experience better.

Anyway, before complaining too much about advertising, just remember that we don't come to your place of work and hassle you about how expensive your products are when you are only making $1 an hour to begin with.

No hard feelings, of course.