Thread: Ben's Elec-Trak
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Ben's Elec-Trak

A few weeks ago, I was a big depressed about using my electric car to go buy gas for my gasoline lawn mower.

Well, all that is going to be a thing of the past. As part of my New Year's Resolution, I decided I was going to get off Oil - that includes for mowing my lawn.

Today, I got an e-mail from out of the blue from a guy asking if I want to buy one of his Elec-Traks!

Heck ya!
I drove over to his house to check it out. It's the E10 model, which is the smaller one, with the central-mounted mower deck.

He also has the larger model for his own use.
We used the big Elec-Trak to pull the little one out of the barn. (It has no batteries, and doesn't roll well since there is a tree branch growing through it!)

After placing two planks from the ground to the tailgate of my pickup truck, we then pushed the E10 right on up with the bigger tractor! What Fun!

My little tractor is going to need some tender loving care, including a bit of welding to repair the rusted out back end, some new tires, batteries, but then should be ready to mow my lawn fossil-fuel-free!

Couple more photos at:
MobileMe Gallery

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos