View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
I typically run 80-85 LOD in my manual. It's hard to get that in an automatic. Instead, I aim for high-ish load (maybe 60) while still keeping it at about 1800 rpm, but especially below 2000. With the auto, I let the rpm dictate things more than the LOD.

Once it locks up in top gear, it's more like a manual. 90-95 LOD is where it unlocks, so I can push it right up to that limit. (at least in my Ody)
This is good advice -- I'll have to keep an eye on the TC unlock vs. LOD. The throttle-shift cable is a bit tighter, so the LOD might be a bit lower. I'll try it tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleMelanesian View Post
I call it "coaxing an upshift". Or sometimes, "@!#!$# why won't you shift already?!"
I get there often too -- especially with the darn "Hill Logic Control". D3 overrides the 2-3 shift logic, but 4th is completely up to the computer.

In normal driving, I just lift, it shifts, and give it the gas. Sometimes the process is too quick and it engages a bit hard on the next gear up.

RH77

_
_