View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #112 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
I love that I could buy a 1990s Ninja 250, and it still looks new and cool. I'd probably buy sort of a beater and fix whatever is wrong.
That's what I'm looking at doing, but I don't want to "really fix it"... I'd prefer that it be running, but I can fix minor damage and cosmetic blemishes.

I don't want anything newer than like '07, and I'd actually prefer something closer to '02 - '05.

I've even considered a few bigger bikes, because I can always swap the motor out later for something smaller, still using the larger frame (I'm good at stuff like this.)

Darin - As far as being uncomfortable, I can imagine that you could get that way on long rides if you have to lean forward like you commonly do on sport bikes. One fix to this is adjusting the bars inward and down(if applicable) to make you a little straighter, and another fix (that requires some work) is shaving the seat foam so that you sit a little lower below the tank line, then recovering the seat.

The second method, I found, does the best for long rides... you'd think there would be some butt-hurt, but no more than usual.