View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
roflwaffle
Master EcoModder

Camryaro - '92 Toyota Camry LE V6
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)

Red - '00 Honda Insight

Prius - '05 Toyota Prius

3 - '18 Tesla Model 3
90 day: 152.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
Am I not one of "others?" You asked to see the math So I chose two vehicles -and old one and one equivalent to the age of my DD. I'm willing to be most of the members here have vehicles that fall between that range.
Sure ya are. But as per RH77's statement V1, I'm not looking at what you situation is, I'm looking at what mine is as per the statement.
Quote:
Sure, but I don't have everyone' Social Security numbers to get insurance rates with I highly doubt anyone is going to give me their SS# on top of their hauling needs. I personally wouldn't do that - which is why I can only give my situation.
Sure, but I'm talking about my situation WRT statement V1, not yours or anyone else's.
Quote:
I was given
-Registration
-Insurance
-Cost of Rental
-Approx. distance your traveled on your rental.
You were given time too. Initially 30 days, but in a reasonable comparison, 3-5 days, since most of what I do doesn't take a month, but can often take more than a day. And fuel use...
Quote:
So I took my registration, your experience with insurance rather than my quote, my cost of rental from UHaul and two selections of mileage (yours* and mine). I'm not sure how that's considered cherry picking.
It's cherry picking because it's not my situation wrt statement V1, it's a mix.
Quote:
Depends if your job is repetitive But, most people don't have the know how or means to DIY. I personally have the know how, just not the means to do anything major (timing belt, clutch, etc.).
I'm pretty sure the majority of jobs can be considered repetitive. That being said, tools for said jobs aren't as expensive as having them done IME. This too is YMMV, as it depends on how well you can repair stuff, including tools, and all sorts of things, but it's definitely possible to get a buncha tools for not too much cash.
Quote:
So get a quote from esurance for a 2000 F150 and a '81 F150 on top of your normal car. This way we all have something to compare to. Yes, the evidence provided is just barely anecdotal. Again, because we don't have everyone else's SS# to get insurance quotes. But UHaul rental rates appear to be the same, registration varies from state to state around 1 rental or so (we'll say yours is the low end, mind is on the higher end). Mileage does vary from person to person (so I've made effort to include the approx mileage you implicitly provided)..... What, specifically, are you looking for?
My use as per a counterexample to the statement V1. Now, you can use your own situation, but that's hardly something that applies to what I can do wrt the statement V1.

Like I said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle
If someone can point me in the direction of a company that offers vehicles in the range of ~$60-80/rental truck with 30 days, or even 3-5 days/unlimited mileage, or maybe less considering a vehicle I use would likely be setup for better efficiency, I'm game, since that would be roughly equivalent in terms of cost.