View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
There are several things for future versions, like multiple gate drivers to allow for smaller gate resistors. Another thing that would help is if I would have torqued the stupid mosfets'/diodes' clamps all the way down. I'm such an idiot!!! If you ever want to do that, you will have to unsolder each gate resistor from the control board, unsolder the 2 thicker power ground wires from teh control board, and then remove the control board, unbolt the 5 bolts, flip it over, take off the base plate, tighten the clamps, and then re-assemble. I'm sorry about that. Maybe they are OK though.

Syncronous rectification is another option. Another option is to have 2 separate heat spreaders. One for the diodes and one for the mosfets. Clamp teh mosfets' back DIRECTLY to the heat spreader, which makes the heat spreader wired to M-. The heat spreader then would have to be isolated from the base plate. Similarly do the same with the diodes. Must go to bed! haha!

That's really serious about the 80 amp minimum. Maybe I messed up so that the dead zone does nothing, but then the throttle goes from 0% to around 12-13%? I really need to look at the code to see if that is true. I don't have a motor amps measuring thing. I can sort of measure battery amps, though, and I have never noticed that. hmm! I'll check tomorrow.