View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #30 (permalink)
Super22LL
coasting in neutral

Georgia - '03 Chevrolet S10 Extended Cab Stepside LS
Last 3: 26.99 mpg (US)

Beth - '07 Yamaha R6S
90 day: 50.74 mpg (US)
I've always wondered, if the Big 3 include their sales to Government agencies in their sales numbers? I would think, I don't know for sure, that MOST local, state and federal agencies use only American vehicles. I would think they would want to reflect an American image. I know all the city and state vehicles I see here are all American, though I suspect some agencies out there use "import" brand vehicles. So, if they do include the sales to these agencies in their figures, it's really misleading. I'd like to see a list of vehicle sales to the public "John Doe" consumer only.

When people here at my job complain about "import" brands I always ask them this question. If someone was to GIVE you a FREE loaded-out brand spanking new 0 miles Impala or a FREE loaded out brand spanking new 0 miles Camry, which would you choose? I'd take the Camry.

Personally, I have a Scion XB and a Chevrolet S10. I spend a lot of my time doing minor maintenance to my S10, such as replacing the door hinges the went out and caused the door to sag and not close properly. Putting in 3 sets of U joints due to a factory defect in the 2 piece drive shaft it came with. Radio quit on me. Clutch spring snapped. The jack broke on me while I was rotating my tires. Just minor annoying things like that. Oh, and my Scion XB...all I've done is change the oil the last 4 years. No issues what so ever. * shurg