View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Ok, A few questions and some updates. We have decided that we will be using the Sky Energy cells. Not sure the size yet, they will be the 120's at the least.

My question is, Will the Warp 11 be enough motor to make the corvette go at least 100 Mph?? Its not something that will happen too often, but its a requirement of the project.

What I could figure, And please correct me if I'm wrong, is the spec sheet says the motor produces 43HP at 72V and 453A. So that would be 32,616 W. The battery pack we are using will be 162V charged so figuring with no sag at the same amperage, ( 162V x 453A ) the motor should be outputting 73,386 W. Thats 2.25 times the output power or 96.75 HP. Is this correct? That should be continuous output power correct? Do you think this is enough power to make the car do what we want?

So we were able to get some more little work done this week. We removed the gas tank and the rest of the AC system. Last night we took out the whole dash to be able to work on the wiring and heating system. The car is looking really EMPTY!

I have also been working on a program that will run on a 7.1" touchscreen monitor in the center dash. This program will control and monitor the entire car(Gauges, BMS, Motor Controller, Charger, and System Settings). There will be no physical gauges in the car, only virtual ones. The program will interface with the BMS system that I am working on, to display all charge and discharge information, as well as individual cells to find weak ones before they become problems. The controller section will be displaying all controller information such as temps and currents and voltages. The charger section will display charger information suck as charge times and estimated charge time left and things like charge cost. Lastly on the list is the settings page. This will hold all the system settings as well as settings for the charger, controller and BMS. It will be able to export a backup of settings incase something happens as well.

All the graphics have been designed from scratch by my friend Kyle. It is a very sharp looking system.

Here are 2 pictures, 1 of the Home Screen and 1 of the Overview Screen.

-Adam

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ControlPanelMainwtmk.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	3910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gauges 2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	3911  

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com