View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
So here is the other thing I have been working on. I have been working on a version of Paul & Sabrina's Open Source Motor Controller capable of very high power output. I started with a the heat sink from a car stereo amplifier. I then designed a power board that fit in the heat-sink. The power stage board holds 21 Mosfet/Diode pairs. I have upgraded the diodes from the 60A STTH6002CW 's to 90A APT30S20BCTG 's. The capicators have been upgraded to 820uF from the 470's. There is 42 capacitors. Totaling 34,440uF. The controller should be capable of about 1680A continuously, With the pairs capable of 6720A for 8.3ms. At 165V that is 1.108 Mega watts of power. The continuous power is about 303kW of power. The controller will have the option of being water cooled if I need it. If it can stay cool by just the air moving over it, I will not using the water cooling, Saving weight.

I plan on using this controller at 162V, driving a Warp 11.

I have not tested the mosfet/diode pairs yet at 162V to see if they will hole up, but I have some parts on the way so testing can begin.

So here are some pics of the heat-sink and some renderings of the completed controller.

Heat Sink:

Renderings:

No Water Blocks:

With Water Blocks:

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com