View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
gabe502000
Yamaha C3 Scooter Rider

Yamaha C3 Scooter - '07 yamaha C3 Scooter
90 day: 113.67 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to gabe502000
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflame View Post
2 strokes and variator transmissions require a specialized approach to economy.

Dont believe half the above....

Big rear tyre good.

Heavier rollers will improve things slightly

Scooter cooling systems work 100% even when cold. A big problem for economy.

Torque tuning (mid range rpm) is preferred for economy.

The means keep the standard exhaust and air intake box, and go for a smaller main jet and drop(lower) the needle jet 1 notch, get a slightly colder plug. Your performance will decrease a lot doing this.

Forget the amsoil adverts, you are not racing, the cheap **** will do, but semi synthetic is best. Will not help FE really.

Sell and buy a Honda today 140mpg US or a Honda cub 170mpg.

My Yamaha Super Jog Next Zone does about 75mpg too, but it is the super fast GT model...

4 strokes are way better for FE...and cleaner
Except for the wider drive belt (something someone else figured out) , everything I said in my previous post I've done and found to be true.The reason I haven't gone to smaller jetting and kept the stock exhaust is that my scooter has EFI.Between the Amsoil Synthetic oil , the taller rear tire, and the aftermarket pipe, I gained a good 10 mpg and 5 mph. I've got mpg figures posted here to back it up. I guess I shouldn't confuse you with the facts! C'mon now! Give us mpg amd mph figures that you've actually gotten when you started looking for more of both of them. (The good and not so good.) Not what you think. Isn't that what this Forum's all about? Gabe

Last edited by gabe502000; 07-30-2009 at 01:31 PM..