View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
blueflame
Master EcoModder

Local climate conditions can greatly vary an engines mixture requirements. Even a morning setting can be too rich for the afternoon. As with most cars, manufactures often tune for a middle of the road situation.

As eco86 suggests, unless your willing to remove you plug often to check fuel/air ratios, probably best not to lean out. Needle jet controls up to mid throttle, main jet from mid to full throttle....

Re loss of oil by leaning out. Most scoots now are oil injected.

So unless you are running a premix( mixing your oil with the gas) oil entering an engine will not change with smaller jets. UNLESS you improve performance so much that the throttle is twisted less for a given speed...less twist, less oil injected....the oil pump can usually be turned up very easily, or by buying expensive oils, less will often do

Bottom line. Scooter tuning is a broad area, consisting of many aspects interrelating with each other that for a newbie usually results in engine rebuilds, bad decisions and frustration. Even my friend who has a global performance scooter part company has given me bad advice, and I have screwed up often when I used to race scooters.

Try scooterattack too. Those Germans have made a religion out of modifying(for performance) scooters