View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #57 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
USDA, not FDA, you're correct there.

PS - I subscribe to Darwinism, and don't put much stock in "faith". Only what I actually know and can perform dictates my actions in life.

Regarding today's doctors and lack of knowledge, this is simply untrue. Many doctors still suggest that women should dispose of breast milk that is supplied during periods of sickness. Just because the knowledge is available, doesn't mean that doctors are necessarily any more knowledgeable.

It seems in western medicine, everything and anything that could be viewed as pathology is also viewed as a paycheck. So many doctors would rather spend time doing exactly what mechanics know not to do - throwing money at the problem (copper is a great anti-microbial, isn't it?) instead of actually diagnosing and properly treating it. Then there are pharm companies that would rather save a dollar in R&D than develop a drug whose side effects aren't worse than the pathology which it is meant to treat.

As a result of all this "modern medicinal advancement", as it were, people have weakened, becoming a mass of pill-popping sheep who tend to want to take the "easy way out" of everything, such as even the smallest pains requiring a pain killer strong enough to tranquilize a damn horse. How do I know? I see it daily. Most of my family is stuck on a pillbox of drugs because they refuse to understand that half of the drugs they take are to counteract the side effects of the 2 or 3 drugs they actually need.

My diabetic uncle (like many diabetics) uses his Insulin as a crutch. A corrective device. He overeats, enjoys doing it, then when he becomes hyperglycemic, he shoots insulin to control it. Instead of having just that little bit of extra willpower to control his diet, so that he wouldn't have to LIVE on drugs, he'd rather take the convenience of being able to live his life dependent on someone else and a needle.

How is that an advancement in modern living, such as the western medicine practitioners would claim?