View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Snatched another bike from the jaws of the garbage truck - Franken-bike-E on the way?

There's one route I take in the electric car to get around the city's biggest hill that swings me through a parking lot of a town house/apartment complex. Last week on my way through, someone had obviously just moved out, because there was a giant pile of garbage at the curb.

In it was a bright pink girl's bike (wee one, with 12 or 14 inch rims). Neglected, kind of rusty, and one flat tire.

But I couldn't resist, so I stopped and stuck it in the back of the car. Carried on my twisting route around the Giant Amp Sucking Hill.

I now have enough donor bikes to make my own Bike-E style 'bent. Someone lent me a Bike-E for a couple of weeks, a bit more than a year ago, and I fell in love with it. See my Bike-E thread.

Everyone should try a bent at least once.

Whether I'll actually get around to it... that's another question entirely. I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew, projects wise. I tend to dream and collect piles of junk more than I actually make stuff from said piles.

Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget