View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
gabe502000
Yamaha C3 Scooter Rider

Yamaha C3 Scooter - '07 yamaha C3 Scooter
90 day: 113.67 mpg (US)
Send a message via Yahoo to gabe502000
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflame View Post
The larger tyre will do those improvements all on in own

Please dont confuse me with facts.... but explain how Amsoil increases FE?

C'mon now!

Just coz you got posted figures dont mean they are correct? Just as someone who aint got no figures is wrong.

Thats a faulty syllogism
I've been figuring my fuel mileage out to three decimel points since my scooter was new. At my 2000 mile Service I went to a taller rear tire(130/90-10) and switched to synthetic lubes. I'd just topped up my tank that morning and the next fill up showed 4mpg more. plus smoother running, and the power felt better, with a couple oo more mph top speed. Obvioiusly the taller tire relaxed the rpms and gave more smoothness and mpg. But the synthetic lubes helped about as much. I just like Amsoil products.... Just sold a '90 Pontiac Grand Am with 252,000 miles on it that I'd been using Mobil 1 15w-50 in since it was new.It still got 29mpg on the highway. I've been impressed with synthetic lubes since I was involved with Army aviation in the mid-70s... It would be 20 degrees (F) outside, and if you got sloppy and spilled some of the synthetic oil they used in all of their helicopters on the ramp, if you didn't clean it up right away, it would soon form a big thin puddle! That's how it is inside of your cold engine. When you start it up the synthetic oil is already headed through oil passages to bearing surfaces while "Dino"s " still in bed! Gabe