View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Gen II Prius Life Expectancy

I know the question has been asked before, but time has passed...

We're looking for a replacement for Teggy, but instead: 4-doors, newer, and efficient (the preference is for it to remain a hatch).

I recently spoke to the owner of an '06 with about 100K miles (and who just bought a Gen-III). The consensus is that the battery pack is bench-tested to 150K miles (beyond the 100K warranty).

Most affordable and easily found models are at the 100K mark. Herein lies the problem: we are keeping cars for a while now (6-8 years+). That could mean 120K miles or more on top of the existing clock.

So, Hybrid Experts out there, buy a used one, or pay a bit more for a new model? What about the new Insight in comparison? If the budget permits, these cars are considered -- otherwise, it's going to have to be new Honda Fit.

Despite the weight addition of these items, it has been decided that the following are required: side/front airbags, ABS, A/C, automatic (not entirely my choice) and a good crash rating -- otherwise, I'd look at a older Civic or similar.

RH77

_
_