View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
I haven't been by for a while -- there's a "Thanks" function! I couldn't help but use it

I also drive 30-35K miles a year, but generally in rentals. With a new work assignment (hopefully), I'll be commuting to 6 locations around the city, with minimal travel out of town. I've heard 200K in the past with HSD, but how common?

I'm really tempted by the Gen-III/Base. In the never-ending quest to save some cash, the Fit seems the best new car in the price-range, but may lose-out to a used Gen-II Prius. 5-door options are few. The Matrix/Vibe is OK, but I've rented it enough to know it's not my style.

I spend a lot of time at the 65-70 mph max range on the highway (the speed helps with hill climbs with about 55-60 on the load-up, slow side. But yeah, not the most efficient overall).

...So the high gearing of the Fit would definitely drive me nuts. The aero and city FE ability of a hybrid seem to be a good compromise.

Sigh. What happened to the simplicity of yesteryear? Why can't we get a Diesel Honda over here? Yeah, I know...

RH77

_
_