Thread: How Numerous?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 01:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
Hahahaha!!!

I should reiterate on my last post that these trucks are being used for their daily commuter.

They haul nothing with them. For that matter they cringe on the thought of something could scratch the inside of the bed.
In a past life, I'd have keyed those trucks.

If I had to chance a guess, I'd say that finding hyper-milers on the road follows the rule of traffic - If they're hypermilers, they're driving the same way you are, which means that on average, for every 4 miles you travel, they have also traveled 4 miles, probably in a direction not close to yours.

I'm sure they're out there, but as long as you're going to keep driving the way you drive, you won't notice them. You only (psychologically) notice things that stand out to you, and since hypermiling is the norm for us, we don't notice other hypermilers as readily as we notice the real-world norm, which is non-hypermilers.

That's just my opinion, I guess. I doubt it's actually true, but it sounded nice.

I have noticed over the years that whenever I see a vehicle I like for sale, I start noticing that EVERYONE (seemingly) drives that same kind of vehicle, where NOBODY (again, seemingly) drove it just a few days prior.