Thread: How Numerous?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant!

CR-EX - '12 Honda CR-Z EX
Send a message via Yahoo to bluetwo
That's true... I see people in all kinds of vehicles just rolling along thinking it's ok to just sit in the left lane and the law says that it's not. That's why there are literally thousands of signs along the highways saying Slower Traffic Keep Right. There's no debate about it. If there's someone going faster than you on the highway regardless of whether you're at the speed limit or not you are required to keep right so that they can pass you. Whether you want to use the term fast lane or not is completely irrelevant though. There is indeed still a requirement that you not be in the left lane unless it's to pass.

If you want to be rude then drive in the left lane/fast lane and force people to pass you on the right. And you can aruge, well I didn't make them pass me on the right, but you still put them in that situation because there are people who are travelling long distances and don't have the time to ride behind you and they are going to pass you regardless. Bottom line, as long as slower traffic keeps right there wont be a problem.