View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #39 (permalink)
Luxbg
EcoModding Lurker

03 OZ - '03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally
90 day: 34.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
IIRC the same study also said that even though accident rates increased, more fender benders, fatality rates decreased due to fewer t-bones. Seemed like a good trade-off from the POV of the driving safety.
Yes now that you mention that, it rings a bell. However it is generally the one running the red light getting T-boned, so I say good riddance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaMatt
I would LOOOOVE it if all the light-controlled intersections in this town would have cameras set up. I'm sick of watching my advanced green go away because the people in cross traffic are not done running their red light yet, 4, 5, 6 cars at a time. EVERY DAY, EVERY INTERSECTION down the major streets of London (Ontario).
Until the city starts doing what so many cities do and shortens the yellow phase to increase their profits. Many cities have been caught doing this, with some shortening the amount of yellow time so much so to make it almost impossible to reasonably stop (even at the speed limit). For a few examples see here: 6 cities that have been caught shortening yellow times

For a nice list of arguments against the use of cameras, have a look at: http://www.motorists.org/photoenforce/