View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #563 (permalink)
MetroMPG
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 52.48 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,960 Times in 3,604 Posts
Spring in my step... & visiting the god parents

Wow. What a difference the temperature makes. It popped up to 13 degrees C here today. Hasn't been that warm for maybe 5 months.

The difference is noticeable... like a different car! I actually felt something akin to acceleration when I shifted into 4th gear trying to get up to 50 km/h - I don't remember feeling that ... ever, truth be told.

And not driving gently at all, I'm up to 13 km so far on this charge. In the colder weather the car is on its knees around 10 km, and pretty much crawling on its belly at 13.

---

Stopped by the forklift company this afternoon to see if they guys were in who helped this project along. Both Ralph (the tech who "sold" it to us and got us the EV1 controller schematics) and Kevin (the parts guy who got us our test pack of floodies from the floor sweepers they service) were there, along with another tech.

Had a good show 'n' tell in the warm spring like weather. Everybody had a good chuckle and lots of interesting questions.

Ralph liked our golf cart controller. He popped back into the shop and came out with a 48v 550A Curtis controller. 2x the power of our unit. Drool. Said he'd keep his eyes peeled in case something shows up in their forklift bone yard.
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget