View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
jedi_sol
Master EcoModder

2013 STi *SOLD* - '13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Subaru
Sports Cars
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 26.59 mpg (US)

1996 Geo Metro *RETIRED from Ecomodding* - '96 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 58.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Some other things to look at are alternator load... replacing your lights with LED's (A'la JacobAzizza) is actually quite the idea... I'm sure you can offset the cost very quickly, as well. If you're into modding, and know how to solder, you can often get small kits of lights from StereoHouse(RadioShack) cheaply, and build your own light bulbs from LEDs using blown OEM bulbs, which is often cheaper even than using the retail LED replacements. This will also help with your alternator kill switch, since your lights won't be drawing as much from your battery. You'll need electronic relays for your blinkers and hazard lights, which also draw less (they don't work by way of inductance like the traditional clicker relays do) and they're quieter.

...Old school sports car mirrors (the bullets) often look great, and are about 1/2 to 1/3 the A of your current OEM mirrors....
Def. eventually gonna do this. I was actually researching about LED's today at work!

As far as mirrors, I've seen some aftermarket Carbon fiber f-1 styled side mirrors that i've been eying as well.

Thanks for all of your input Christ, gonna have to copy and paste everything you've suggested look back at it later. So many ideas!!

See the rest of the Sti project log:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...log-26612.html