View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
vpoppv
The $500 Electric Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Go Paul!
Thanks Paul!

I'd use grade ocho boltinies, but that would be the strongest parts in the conversion and the other parts would be intimidated. I don't believe in bullying. Besides, think about how manly it would be to say "that motor has so much torque it sheared those bolts clean off!".
But then, Oprah is my hero (it's true, just look at my MySpace. Her and the Incredible Hulk. Yes, I know I opened myself up for a whole slew of jokes...), so I might want it to be strong enough to support her. I've exhausted about every source for aluminum plate, so it looks like I'll have to do eBay; for that, I have to sell something first. Luckily, I have a radiator, alternator, A/C pump, block, head, etc., that I just pulled. Maybe I'll go steel/spacers. That's one thing about me, I always make firm decisions. Wait, unless I have several options. No, I make firm decisions. Well, not this time, but maybe if.....

Anyway, you NEED to make one of them there controllers for us bottom-feeders. Something like 72 volts with like 300 amps for $50 using stone knives and bearskins....