View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxman View Post
The next problem is little complicated.
I coasting without lights or with parking lights - the small lights (2x5w) in headlights. Looks better than without lights. With headlights on and engine off i don't wanna risk my battery life.
Have you tried bump starting? As long as you are still moving you don't need your battery to start the engine.

DRL: I bought mine for about 50EUR. There isn't much information about the company on the box, only "LED.GX" and "www.dectane.de". Keep in mind that not all European countries seem to allow the use of DRL, even though there is a European Union directive describing their legal use instead of normal lights. When we were recently driving through Hungary (where cars must drive with lights on all day), the border patrol officer reached into the car through the open window and turned the lights on, even though my DRL's were on. But countries are obligated to ratify the EU directive, so it is only a matter of time. Poland already has. I'm happy with my DRL's

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread