View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
The idea for wire evolved from trying to decipher morse code that we blinked via flashlight beams aimed on the backsides of the houses on the street behind us that we could both see (our windows were on the same plane, thus the need for the "screens"). I'm sure some of those neighbours wondered what was going on (if they even noticed)
That's pretty ingenious! Code takes a while to master. I recall back when I was a kid, folks were pretty relaxed if you weren't really breaking laws flagrantly. It seems like you knew everyone on your street -- and there was always that old "keep off my lawn!" guy as the exception.

Now, everyone has a fence (but us -- I refuse, fences split neighbors instead of fostering "neighborliness"). In this case, it may have been harder or more intimidating to get in to vandalize. But, I'm over it for now. The senseless act actually has forced me to install it in a better location.

Plus, I'm still laughing at the "Ninja Tornado" comment. I have to use that in some official capacity

RH77

_
_