View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
Perhaps in the interest of safety and environmental preotection, the OP would consider a ban on the deadly dihydrogen monoxide. I mean, it kills hundreds of people a year...

Seriously. I am one of the few here that doesn't believe in in HUMAN caused global warming. I believe the planet warms and cools in direct relationship to its distance from the sun, light intensity from the sun and other factors all relating to the sun. YES, we have caused the planet harm, and for the last 30 years great strides have been taken by government, corporations, and individuals to improve the conditions around them. AND WE STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO!

And while I also think I'm preceived as an apostate (for not believing in AGW), I am doing my part to help clean things up. I own SUVs, and go on marked 4x4 trails. I do group cleanups and pick stuff up on my own. I am always amazed to find as many granola wrappers as beer cans... (I'll start a thread about National Public Lands Day) I can get pretty decent mileage from my Jeep, as long as I stay on the highways. My mileage suffers when I'm on the trails. But then, its the mileage, and quest for better that brought me here.

But the "study" lured me in too at first, until I did some looking around and saw it for what it was. Garbage. (Just like everything out of the UN's enviro arm). Yes, the study was debunked on MANY different levels...

Nice try.