View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
zjrog
Ecomod noob

ZJ - '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Upcountry
90 day: 20.57 mpg (US)

Neon - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)

S'Crew - '02 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT
90 day: 16.4 mpg (US)

Ranger - '90 Ford Ranger
Last 3: 28.02 mpg (US)

Not the Jeep - '03 Dodge Neon SE
90 day: 34.11 mpg (US)
As I mentioned above, sometimes I feel the apostate around here. I don't like the Prius much (I like the idea of it though), but mainly because of the somewhat haughty/better than you attitude these people give off. EVEN IF THEY AREN'T hypermiling... But because they "did" something...

I'm not gullible enough to not buy a car because of "studies". I don't want a Prius, or other hybrid, simply because I don't want the added expense of another car payment. Especially since I only have one left and hope to never have another. I know I'm not getting EVERY last mile from the fuel I use, but, I'm not trying to burn through all the fuel I can either. (Besides, I bicycled to the polling booth last year)

I'll even admit to being a conservative. I didn't vote for this Hope or Change (and don't care for anything I've seen yet), I didn't vote for the main opposition either... Sorry. I guess my presence here is more an anachronism than I imagined... Oh, I shop at Whole Foods and other stores that support local/organic farmers, as well, and buy from a couple local stands as well (just wish my thumb was more green so I could grow more than crabgrass and weeds in my yard!!!). I carpool as much as possible (public transportation isn't an option for me), and cycling to work isn't either (distance, terrain, lack of adequate lanes). My weekly trips to the city are optimized for freeways instead of city streets, and to limit backtracking. And recycling is FINALLY making it to my location. Might even cut my weekly city trips down. Hmmm, more time for shootin' critters, drinkin' beer and 4 wheelin', yeehaw...

I guess I'm just trying to say that sweeping generalizations about folks can really get in the way of decent and reasonable discourse...

(yes, there is some sarcasm in the above post before someone needs their smelling salts...)

The Following User Says Thank You to zjrog For This Useful Post:
jkp1187 (09-10-2009)