View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
You mean like this that happened back in august?
Attachment 4259

The original source for the picture....

I'm not trying to start an argument, but please make sure you have all the "facts" from both sides, and choose the one that makes the most logical, rational sense.
There are no contradictions in life. When you find yourself facing a contradiction, check your premises, you will find one of them is wrong.
I wasn't worried about the facts, I was just pointing out that I'd be more worried about random people showing up with guns to a presidential speech, from a president who is anti-gun. (Supposedly.)

Aside from that, I don't really see a reason not to be allowed to carry a gun, and in PA, there is no permit necessary to carry an unloaded pistol at your side. The only permit is for carrying a loaded weapon, and it's not even that hard to get. I figure that if I'm carrying a gun, whether it's loaded or not, you're less likely to rob the store I'm standing in.

I suggested the minute men theory because it seemed appropriate. I was suggesting that they weren't necessarily there to cause trouble, rather that they may have been "concerned citizens" there to defend against trouble, seeing as how there are racists, and our president is black... Not that I had noticed or anything.