Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
You mean like this that happened back in august?
Attachment 4259

The original source for the picture....

I'm not trying to start an argument, but please make sure you have all the "facts" from both sides, and choose the one that makes the most logical, rational sense.
There are no contradictions in life. When you find yourself facing a contradiction, check your premises, you will find one of them is wrong.
I wasn't worried about the facts, I was just pointing out that I'd be more worried about random people showing up with guns to a presidential speech, from a president who is anti-gun. (Supposedly.)

Aside from that, I don't really see a reason not to be allowed to carry a gun, and in PA, there is no permit necessary to carry an unloaded pistol at your side. The only permit is for carrying a loaded weapon, and it's not even that hard to get. I figure that if I'm carrying a gun, whether it's loaded or not, you're less likely to rob the store I'm standing in.

I suggested the minute men theory because it seemed appropriate. I was suggesting that they weren't necessarily there to cause trouble, rather that they may have been "concerned citizens" there to defend against trouble, seeing as how there are racists, and our president is black... Not that I had noticed or anything.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

That monkey mask can't help him see the highway better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck. For This Useful Post:
Piwoslaw (09-15-2009)
Old 09-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Thanks Delta

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I wasn't worried about the facts, I was just pointing out that I'd be more worried about random people showing up with guns to a presidential speech, from a president who is anti-gun. (Supposedly.)
I always concern myself with the facts, but I did not intend to draw you into an argument. For that I am sorry. He should be considering what he is doing, and whom he is upsetting by being anti-second amendment.

Quote:
Aside from that, I don't really see a reason not to be allowed to carry a gun, and in PA, there is no permit necessary to carry an unloaded pistol at your side. The only permit is for carrying a loaded weapon, and it's not even that hard to get. I figure that if I'm carrying a gun, whether it's loaded or not, you're less likely to rob the store I'm standing in.
I am not afforded that luxury here in MA, we have a *ahem* very liberal state government that doesn't allow it's citizens to even think about carrying a gun anywhere, unless you have a wish to be arrested or hassled by the man.

Quote:
I suggested the minute men theory because it seemed appropriate. I was suggesting that they weren't necessarily there to cause trouble, rather that they may have been "concerned citizens" there to defend against trouble, seeing as how there are racists, and our president is black... Not that I had noticed or anything.
I don't care whether our president is Black, White, Native American, or Asian in decent. That doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that they love America with everything they have, will do anything to protect her, and uphold the oath that they take on their inauguration day, "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Old 09-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I don't care whether our president is Black, White, Native American, or Asian in decent. That doesn't matter.
But you must admit, it is awful handy for his supporters, since they can just label any disagreement as racism, and dismiss it. Saves any amount of arguing over actual facts :-)
Old 09-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Speaking of politics without weighing in on one of those hot topics, it's become less discussion and more combat....instead of seeking common ground, polarization suits lobbyists, special interest groups, talk shows. It's like many forum discussions - promoting one's position by getting away from an intelligent discussion and throw firebombs.

Sad.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
*Insert image of Malotov cocktail exploding on a building*

Firebomb!

Funny - I know you weren't arguing, I was just pointing out why I posted that the way I did, for clarification. I see it like this: If you didn't catch what my intentions were, there's a good chance that others didn't catch it either, so I'd better clarify. No argument here, at all.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:20 AM   #28 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Microchip the car and ticket the owner

If all cars had a black box that transmitted information, the authorities or a computer could just turn the car off.

If a car owners vehicle was really playing up a missile strike could be launched.

A George Bush mask is kinda going too far I think.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflame View Post
If all cars had a black box that transmitted information, the authorities or a computer could just turn the car off.
Too much Big Brother. I have a problem with the thought that I am being watched all the time, too Orwellian for me.
As I said before, cameras at the most problematic intersections would be more than sufficient. They shouldn't be used except for glaring violations, and not automatically sending tickets to people. The Police should get involved, that's what the taxes you and I and everyone else pays for.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflame View Post
If all cars had a black box that transmitted information...
You'd create a great new market for devices to hack & spoof those black boxes :-)

Reply  Post New Thread