View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #24 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I wasn't worried about the facts, I was just pointing out that I'd be more worried about random people showing up with guns to a presidential speech, from a president who is anti-gun. (Supposedly.)
I always concern myself with the facts, but I did not intend to draw you into an argument. For that I am sorry. He should be considering what he is doing, and whom he is upsetting by being anti-second amendment.

Quote:
Aside from that, I don't really see a reason not to be allowed to carry a gun, and in PA, there is no permit necessary to carry an unloaded pistol at your side. The only permit is for carrying a loaded weapon, and it's not even that hard to get. I figure that if I'm carrying a gun, whether it's loaded or not, you're less likely to rob the store I'm standing in.
I am not afforded that luxury here in MA, we have a *ahem* very liberal state government that doesn't allow it's citizens to even think about carrying a gun anywhere, unless you have a wish to be arrested or hassled by the man.

Quote:
I suggested the minute men theory because it seemed appropriate. I was suggesting that they weren't necessarily there to cause trouble, rather that they may have been "concerned citizens" there to defend against trouble, seeing as how there are racists, and our president is black... Not that I had noticed or anything.
I don't care whether our president is Black, White, Native American, or Asian in decent. That doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that they love America with everything they have, will do anything to protect her, and uphold the oath that they take on their inauguration day, "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."