View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Chevy Cobalt XFEs and Pontiacs G5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusth View Post
I have a 2009 G5 XFE. The G5s and the Cobalts are great cars; I don't know why they get disparaged so much in the press. Hey Jammer, how many miles are on your car? I've got less than 3K and today I got 35.8 mpg over 5.1 miles (city) going into work today (went in early and hit almost all of the lights). I'm hoping it'll get better as it breaks in like you say.
Some of the press will never like American cars no matter what. But some of the press IS giving these cars credit, and I could pass a link too ya when I find it. I too am at less than 3K. I still have some driving tonight, last I looked I was at 39.7 avg MPG - and I dont feel its a joke nor that my dash computer is off some hoe. My GPS confirms my odometer and speed too. All math shows OVER 40, more like 42 MPG, but my avg, as of this moment, has not broke 40 on the car computer just yet, but I expect it just might tonight before I get back home.

It would be nice to find a method of putting the G5 drivers and the Cobalts together somehow. Im already getting some remarks from others that make it seem like they dont believe my Cobalt XFE is really getting 40 MPG- but all the math points to this direction, and I believe it is a serious crime for a car maker to jack up a car computer to show too high an avg MPG. The mechanics and auto workers I know claim the new cars by GM have computers that are very close to being on the spot with avg mpg- but I realize some have shown this to not always be true. It may vary car to car, method of driving, or even the generation of car.