View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
lusth
EcoModding Lurker

Victory (hwy) - '09 Pontiac G5 Base Coupe XFE
90 day: 37.32 mpg (US)

Victory (city) - '09 Pontiac G5 Base Coupe XFE
90 day: 29.93 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
My spedo goes to 120, and I have not heard of any chip to govern going that fast, so as far as I know it can do it. I have gone 85 on the interstate and based on the RPMS it would seem 120 could be done well before redlining the thing.

Say, is yours an 08 or 09? It is an XFE right?

I'm just wondering why my speedometer stops at 120 and yours goes to 140. Maybe we should compare engine specs, of which I understood the 09 model XFE had a higher displacement than the 08's. hmm...
My G5 is a 2009 XFE. My engine is the 2.2L ECOTEC, same as yours. I guess my speedo has a higher top end cuz mine's a Pontiac (The 'former' performance division), so GM is either lying to you or lying to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
I do hold out HOPE for The Chevy Volt which I believe should of been on the market in 2008 NOT 2010!!
I planned to buy a Volt this year but they kept postponing it, so I bought the most fuel-efficient car I could (at an affordable price), the G5/Cobalt. I paid the same as you, except I actually paid $2700 less because of my GM card earnings (final price $10,400, woo-hoo!).

And a note to MadisonMPG: I loved my Geo, but I gave it to my oldest daughter when I bought the G5. I told her she better take care of my baby or she'd never get a car from me again!

HIGHWAY