View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
greasemonkee
EcoModding Apprentice

It would be difficult to compare health hazards between such different magnetic fields (microwave and DC or low frequency).

There's more to microwave communication that is a hazard vs a continuous carrier or low frequency type wave. When data is added to a carrier wave our cells can accept that signal as authentic "information". There is an established 10 year latency time at this point so you tell me, something that has been known to humankind for about 10-20 years and never before, who is willing to take the risk that there is not a potential catastrophe at hand. Not me

On the other hand, electricity, power lines, and electric motors have been around for quite a while and we are generally more comfortable with the data as we know it.

I own a magnetic field strength meter capable of measuring digital signals of the microwave band. When a phone is a great distance from the towers, output goes to max. I work beside a LOADED G3 tower and to equal the radiation intensity of that, you would have to be 15 feet away from a cellular phone to equal those emissions. Since the intensity increases by the squared function with closing distance, it is obvious what this means for having the emission source hugging you. BUT, total exposure = intensity X exposure time.

I'll tell you this much, if you've got a wireless router in your home it's definitely a waste of time to worry about sitting on an electric motor.

Here is a recent hearing on the subject, but does not deal with DC magnetic fields.
Health Effects of Cell Phone Use - C-SPAN Video Library
The Following User Says Thank You to greasemonkee For This Useful Post:
blueflame (09-24-2009)