View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #35 (permalink)
Jammer
Chevy and CB Radio Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammer
Again, I do not feel these people are stupid, it is their choose. If it makes any more sense, my relative has a family that lives in a house that is fully paid off in the foothills. Also they get free day care from the grand parents for their 3 kids most of the time. SO- When you already have a nice large house fully paid off, family that will offer free baby sitting maybe the math will start to add up for all of you that do not seem to understand. Also this guy is now driving an Insight Hybrid, as I recall, so I suppose his mileage is in the 40's- but most of his driving is on 70MPH interstates, so I do not know how well the Insights get going at those speeds. Either way I figure he is doing better than 30MPG.

Also the job he has pays VERY well! Perhaps when one takes everything into account they can at least understand why this guy drives so far to work. No house payment, plus no day care (wife is a teacher) saves them money. The house was built by the girl's dad so I do not think they can up and sell the home and use such money for a closer house, AND the wife has a job much closer to the home.

Now, for many others here their situation is much more drastic. Some are forced to live with family members, many pay little or no rent, but the only jobs they can find are over 70 miles away (that pay enough). SO in seeing many of these adults have family helping them, they come out ahead on the gas because they are paying little to no rent. Many that drive so far do so because their bottom line is actually better because of what their families do for them. I see it everyday here, and I am not speaking of welfare I'm talking about families helping out their adult kids in a really tough economy. Where I live at one can not buy a job right now.