View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
naturalextraction
naturalextraction

You've hit nail on the head with "temperature". It's all about the laws and theorems of Hemholts, Boltzman Speed theorem, Gibbs, and many others related to thermal dynamics's and constant gas laws. Gasoline being a hydrocarbon chain in the variation of H3 C18 at the pump contains many additional elements that require control in order to maintain consistency. Injectors, even the best available will never be able to disassociate in the means in which to achieve maximum extraction of internal chemical energy. That in correlation with additional controls that need to be implemented that are not part of a typical or even advanced EFI system. That's what my studies and prototype system is about. You, however, have done better than most even at some university levels regarding EFI systems from some university papers I've read. People like Dr. John Heywood at MIT have written some great papers on research that will, I think, give you some help/ideas to refine your current system even further. His seem to be more available through the MIT web site as apposed to some of the stuff from Cal.Tech. Keep up the good work, your on to something in regards to higher mileage gains with your system and better drive ability. Look to make what are not constants, constant and stable. Kudos' again!
PS don't overlook the A/R ratio and trim of the turbine side your turbo especially if your changing it. It will be a-typical in design in order to gain more efficiency at lower A/F ratios. Just a clue Compressor side should be fine. You'll still make plenty of power at normal air fuel ratios as well. I believe you still have room for improvement in terms of stabilization of parameters that seem to effect drive ability and consistency.

Last edited by naturalextraction; 10-01-2009 at 02:25 PM..