View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #46 (permalink)
itsmedc
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalextraction View Post
I also meter my fuels through the inlet side of the turbo. My key words in all of this related would be dissociation, surface tension and change of state. We run an R&D in this area for hopes of providing a simplified means to modify the ICE for both stationary and automotive ICE's. We at some point will patent the methodology and the fuel extraction devices related to extraction of energy from the fuel prior to as in part to the induction and metering system.
naturalextraction
If am reading this right it sounds like you are heating and mixing the air/fuel mixture in stages prior to it reaching the combustion chamber. I remember Smokey Yunick doing that back in the 1980's with impressive results even though it was never successfully marketed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalextraction View Post
A friend of mine worked on the Honda Indy team and they would make their own fuel blends. Out of curiosity he took home some to use in his wifes Acura to see how it would perform. Performance was only slightly better but the mileage gain was 3+ per gallon. ( I don't remember the exact number but it was over three) That's significant for only changing the fuel. He's an accomplished engineer and has good methods of testing for consistency and thus I believe his findings.
WOW! I have noticed how in the spring/summer when fueling up with cool fuel on a warm day the fuel mileage is better but it never occured to me that the chemical composition could make that much of a difference.